Dear Black Women : And still We Rise

                                                               
 And still I rise


This piece of art comes to life every time we overstep our comfort zone to stand and defeat all sorts of prejudice and injustice.



                                 Zozibini Tunzi, Kaliegh Garris, Nia Franklin and Cheslie Kryst.



           We rise and stand and thanks to you we will keep on doing it more inspired and fearless.




Maya’s words came out to bless us in 1978. Long before I and many of you were were born. Yet I still felt every single word of this poem because the wrongdoing keeps being repeated alas to pride and the sense of superiority. 


It prevails until these days and regrettably for some, thanks to women like Maya and our four Misses we will keep fighting with hope to overcome and triumph.



“I want children to look at me and see my face and I want them to look at me and see their reflected in mine.”



These words were heard in the whole world a few days ago, yet only felt by some. The words were heard but said to only inspire some. Not that there is some sort of segregation but it was segregation that lead Kunzi to write such a speech. Short but sharp, the same as the



         That said I wrote a poem. Thank you Queen. You took me back to pen and paper and brought the will to keep on pursuing my dreams.



Stay brave. We see you. We feel you and we stand with you so that together we may rise.



Maria Crespa




“ Don’t ask me why “



If one stands , we all stand

If one rises, we all rise.
Why?
Why? Why?!
We were brought up in lies
Told that our doing wasn’t wise
Time and over
Brainwashed to die
Starved of information and tied


Don’t ask me why

We know why
It’s time for us to learn
That we ought to hold
each other’s hand
It’s time for us to know
That we gotta look at each other
and share the news
The real good news
That we are One

Why?

Why?! Why?

Again! Don’t give me why?

We are One.
In the past, through suffering
At present, in hope

Why?
Oh..Why.. 
Why ask me why?

These things..
They can’t be told
Some can’t
They need to be felt
If you look at me
You will feel it
You will see it
And understand it
If you don’t we are One
but we are not one.




Whoever saw the day were Black Women made history and felt hope raise your fists with me. It’s something that we feel in days where accomplishments are so underrated. Owning a degree, a house and a car. But us? We ought to own our freedom, equality rights and the death of discrimination, hypocrisy and cynicism. That said I want you all to resist the temptation to give up whatever battle you’re facing. We all fight together to then rise together. Look ahead and imagine how beautiful it will be.



Stay and stand🖤



Maria Crespa





Nenhum comentário

Translate